Monday 2 February 2009

Bit of Poetry to Change the Tone

I’d like to introduce you to me mate (X)

I’d like to introduce you to me mate
She loves to learn new words, like “Osculate”
Sagatiously she joins in conversation
As words become ideas by sublimation

And suddenly you get that bad sensation
When thrown a look of her disapprobation
She’ll masticate upon the words in mind
(You’d best not spell that wrong or she’ll go blind)
She’ll languidly allow a thought to flow
Then use the words she’s learnt to let you know
That you’re in trouble

She peregrinates with language spent in play
A quite delicious way to spend the day!
An epithet she’ll readily apply
Veridical, subliminal and dry

She’ll rarely be obsequious, not her role
Nor will she be mendacious on the whole
Solicitude for accuracy shows
As eloquently she explores her prose
Diaphanous and unctuous she is not
She’ll throw at you the sweetest word she’s got
Obtuse she may be, if she’s in the mood
But somehow from her lips it isn’t rude
Usually

And so it is I love the gorgeous way
That she and I can share our words in play
If you know what I mean


Subtle Palpable Enticement

Subtle palpable enticement
Of eye to eye to mouth to I
As smile whispers across your edge of lips
Contained in mischief
But whispered back to cheek and taughtened chin

Spark of light shows deep-welled pupils play
Lessons well learnt
In smoky amber moments of otherness

You chase my peripatetic thoughts
As searching for the sense in all these senses
I take myself away to closer be
Unfairly leave you tantalised alone
Yet closer than you know

Apt melodies envelope our slow dance
Of mind with melt-down mind
With gentle touch to back to lead me on
We tiptoe round the risk
As I to eye to mouth to eye
Explore


Consumed

The subtle touch as fingers
iced along my spine
hirsute prickle rises to the encounter
breath drawn sharp contracts within my lungs

Connected by the thread of angel’s hair
its febrile stretch electric
You consume me

My senses tightly focus
On your all
Epithileal tingle as current runs between your skin and mine
I breathe your heady scent with hidden raw
I hear your whisper just behind my thought
And taste the maybe juices on my tongue
Sweet bitter slightly salted I presume
My eyes are trapped within your browning gaze
I start to tremble

Your laugh begins to melt my weary heart
Your voice engaged in syzergy with mine
Your smile feels like the smell of fresh-cut grass
On summer days

I have to look away before you see
The power you’re exerting over me
I’m falling oh so gently into you


Osculated

The candle-light reflected in your eyes
en-sparkled me
stars leaping out to sing
sweet harmony
as huskily your story drew me in

you leaned
towards me
smiled
and said you’d show
me how
you had been kissed

I froze in couldn’t move in head explode
your lips so softly gently captured mine
sensation as I felt myself implode
our mouths combined

I melted then
incapable of no
your playful under breath of laugh as knowing
you were in control
you let me go

No comments: